Monday, May 10, 2010

Still in Texas

Im here at a public library and there are quite a few things I cant do. I can't get onto the facbook everyone says I have to have but dont want, youtube, flickr, or twitter. This is the only thing I am able to update.

Four days riding and Im still in Texas. It's aggravating. I want to be in a different state already but no matter how many hours I ride or how many miles I cover, Im still in Texas. I think I have two more days here, then Arkansas.

It is interesting out here. Im finding out what I am capable of and the mental strength needed almost outweighs the physical. My discipline has been tested as I rode past many chances for ice-cream, pizza, hot wings, burgers, donuts, and even a few Chinese buffets. What Im really craving is pineapple juice. I dont even know why. I never drink it at home but right now I crave it.

Camping has been nerve-rackingly fun. This morning rusting grass jostled me up so I surged out of my tent with blade in hand to find nothing. While packing up, I heard the sound again and found out it was a armadillo. I need to buy some eating utensils as soon as possible. I forgot mine back in San Antonio and it is a bit irritating eating noodles with a slotted spoon or oatmeal with a spatula.



I have been fortunate enough to reach every destination in a timely fashion and keep to my schedule.

Since I cant update anything else, I suppose this will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment