Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exit the Land of Lincoln, enter Indiana



Well, yesterday I left St. Louis and treked out to Mount Vernon, Il. Upon entering the town I was able to find an rv campsite and was able to spend the night. There I met a man named Steve who let me cook both dinner and breakfast in his RV

Breakfast was very big. Lots of oatmeal, bread, 3 waffles. Very filling. I did get a late start in the day, didnt leave the site until 10:20 and had to make a 95 mile ride to Evansville, In. I believe I made record time. 6 hours including a near half hour lunch.

My View



A few Soldiers Angels welcomed me here and were great. They took me out to dinner and showed me some of the sights here. Beautiful areas here and some great history. They were also kind enough to pay for my night's lodging at a local Drury Inn.

Firespinners in Evansville



I keep hearing that I am about to enter some harsh territory for cycling. With the grades in the northeast I am a bit concerned that I will have to push my bike. Once again I am relying on my iron will and ignorant bliss to get me through the ride and stay on schedule. It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks unfold.

1 comment:

  1. I stayed in Evansville when I went to Indiana. Beautiful scenery. I kept thinking about puzzles when I was there. :D

    ReplyDelete