Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I think you did the wrong dance


I didnt see a Pennsylvania sign.

One month on the road and my luck finally ran out.

I left Baltimore early this morning and those people love their horns. My host said they wold honk if they saw me on their way to work, I thought she passed me nearly 20 times.

Baltimore Sunset



I managed to ride 26 miles before a heavy drizzle started to fall so I stopped at an American Legion to try to wait it out and eat lunch. That drizzle turned into rain and after a little over a hour I decided that I couldnt waste any more time.

I covered my bags, suited up and rode in the rain for the first time on this ride. This is not the first time I have suited up but the previous two times it was just a heavy drizzle. I ended up riding about 40 miles in the rain, crossed into Pennsylvania.

Riding isn't easy with eyes closed.


It wasnt a bad experience but I would prefer experiencing that as little as possible. My feet were soaked for about 6 hours and I actualy had to hold my brakes going downhill to make sure my bike didnt slip out from under me.

For a brief synopsis of my stay in DC visit watch the vlog.

To donate to Fisher house, and organization that helps wounded soldiers and their families,

About Me

My photo
This is a blog that will detail my ride from San Antonio, to Boston, and back during the summer of 2010, You can follow me on twitter to find out when I upload a new blog or vlog. www.twitter.com/Bostonandback