Thursday, July 15, 2010

Everything has changed

Alabama

This state has been a lot of fun.

Of course my route is ever-changing. My daily end points are always being altered.

This allowed me to meet some more great people, initially I was going to camp my way through Alabama. My host in Auburn was great. I had an unexpected amount of fun AND was able to check something off my to-do list. I wanted to eat a one pound burger and accomplished that at Cheeburger Cheeburger.

My host for Montgomery asked me something very interesting that I will include in a blog I have been thinking about for a while.

Jumping back a bit, when I did the 151 ride I rode with my cycle shorts only to better my pedal-stroke. Ever since then I have been riding in them. Cursed me, Im a lycra freak now. They are just so comfortable and breathable.

I was waiting for the rain to pass. I usually have more room than this.
Waiting for the rain

My luck has also changed with the weather. It has been raining on a regular basis ever since entering this state. I have been able to avoid getting caught in it but it is slowing me down a bit.

Clouds

Finally, I saw a blood donor van today and decided it would be a great idea to donate blood. Of course being a pint short makes the ride just a bit harder because there is not as much blood to circulate oxygen, but it makes the ride that much more fun.

Giving blood 2

There is also something else that has changed the ride a bit, for some information on that, check out the video.

Unfortunately donations have become stagnant again and there is less than 3 weeks left. If you are able to, please consider donating to a fantastic cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment